Just Like That

Google
 

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

East is East, East is the new West


(Genre: Just Like That)

The following are the 2 real conversations that we (me and my friend seperately) had with 2 Europeans (a Swiss and a French, again seperately):

EAST IS EAST

One of my customers from Switzerland Mr B, and I were discussing India and Europe (Switzerland in particular) .


Mr B: Mr M(thats me), in Switzerland, everything is so organized and here it is so strange. I mean, I was so afraid on the road. My cab driver closed the rearview mirror so that he could squeeze the car into a very small space. Everyone overtakes from everywhere. In Switzerland we drive in one straight line. The trains and flights are on time always (he had missed his flight on the previous day) and here everything is so unorganized.

Mr M (thats me again): Mr B, I agree everything is organized in Swiss, but where is the fun. I mean, if I have to catch a train and i get a bit late, I know I will definitely miss the train and thats depressing. I will keep cursing my self on the way to the station and be more depressed when I reach the station for something which I already knew - That I have missed the train!!! Now the same scenario might play out differently in India. I know I am late and I curse myself all the way to the station. But imagine my delight when I reach the station and find that - Haha...the train is half an hour late!!! Now I have to wait half an hour less than the idiots (people who reached the station half an hour before schedule) who are still waiting for the train.


EAST IS THE NEW WEST

One of my friends Mr G met one of his customers Mr X (I dont know the name) in France.

Mr X: Mr G, you are living in very exciting times. You have so many young and productive people. You are seeing your country being built in front of you and you are contributing to the development. The taxes you pay are used in development of the country. Whereas in France, we have so many old people and all our taxes go to take care of pensioners. There is no growth.


I agree with Mr X's outlook on India. Do you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama - The Blogs Directory